dcsimg
How to get atomicity across multiple servlets
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 31, 2005 04:52 AM

I need to achieve atomicity in a group of servlets. It is kind of a Wizard .    * The first servlet fetches some data from a DB and shows it to the user.    * The second one, reads the data the user gave, inserts into the DB , fetches more info (from the DB) and goes to another jsp to input more data    * Finally the third servlet (there should be the possibility of adding more steps) has to recieve the data the user gave and make more inserts and finally Commit or Rollback I was thinking of kind of a pool of connections in wich a servlet would be recognized in base of its SessionID and store there its connection so i can m   More>>

I need to achieve atomicity in a group of servlets.

It is kind of a Wizard .

* The first servlet fetches some data from a DB and shows it to the user.

* The second one, reads the data the user gave, inserts into the DB , fetches more info (from the DB) and goes to another jsp to input more data

* Finally the third servlet (there should be the possibility of adding more steps) has to recieve the data the user gave and make more inserts and finally Commit or Rollback

I was thinking of kind of a pool of connections in wich a servlet would be recognized in base of its SessionID and store there its connection so i can make it atomic. All the methods to access this pool would be synchronized (of course), but the problem is how to recognize the request... 'cause a user can open multiple windows and open the servlet multiple times, and it will appear to be the same SessionID.

Thanks in advance.

<<Less

Re: How to get atomicity across multiple servlets

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 12, 2005 04:38 AM

Hi,

It is not clear why the session is not OK for you. Why do you want people to start the same wizard several times from the same session?

Guy

About | Sitemap | Contact