Force a refresh of a frame from another frame?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Brett_Humpherys
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 30, 2005 02:15 PM

I have a home page made up of multiple frames. One of the frames is a status frame. It refreshes every 30 seconds, pulling the status down from the Application Server I would like to create a hidden/invisible frame on the home page that will refresh every 30 seconds to determine if status has changed. If it has changed I would like this frame to force the status frame to refresh I am limited in the fact that I am not allowed to load applets, via the brower, onto the client box. Is this possible ? How do I create a hidden frame ? How do I cause the status frame to update from the hidden frame Can you point me to some sample code ? Please use html tags to format code blocks.    More>>

I have a home page made up of multiple frames. One of the frames is a status frame. It refreshes every 30 seconds, pulling the status down from the Application Server

I would like to create a hidden/invisible frame on the home page that will refresh every 30 seconds to determine if status has changed. If it has changed I would like this frame to force the status frame to refresh

I am limited in the fact that I am not allowed to load applets, via the brower, onto the client box.

Is this possible ? How do I create a hidden frame ? How do I cause the status frame to update from the hidden frame

Can you point me to some sample code ?

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

<<Less

Re: Force a refresh of a frame from another frame?

Posted By:   anaparthi_subrahmanyam  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 1, 2005 06:34 AM

Hi,

The best way is to use