dcsimg
JBuilder - How to setup JBuilder to pipe to standard input
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shane_Reschke
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 24, 2005 08:11 AM

Hi I have got a program that reads in a file straight to standard input form the console, and i was just wondering how do i setup JBuilder to read in this file to standard input (piping on start up)? e.g. to run the program in MS-DOS i type java Osim < jobs1 Where the file jobs1 is the file i would like to read in. And the ' <' character essentially pipes the file to standard input In JBuilder at the moment I have gone to "Project Properties" and set the "Runtime Configuration" to my main class and in the "Application Parameters" have entered the above line without the "java Osim" just " < jobs1". Is this the correct way of doing it?    More>>

Hi

I have got a program that reads in a file straight to standard input form the console, and i was just wondering how do i setup JBuilder to read in this file to standard input (piping on start up)?

e.g. to run the program in MS-DOS i type

java Osim < jobs1

Where the file jobs1 is the file i would like to read in. And the ' <' character essentially pipes the file to standard input

In JBuilder at the moment I have gone to "Project Properties" and set the "Runtime Configuration" to my main class and in the "Application Parameters" have entered the above line without the "java Osim" just " < jobs1". Is this the correct way of doing it? Because it doesnt seem to work, JBuilder (the program) cant seem to read anything from the file and there is nothing wrong with the program, I dont think i have JBuilder setup correctly

Please Help

Thanks Shane

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact