OSX to Windows file copy
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Eric_Hansen
Posted On:   Friday, August 19, 2005 07:53 PM

Hello, From my Mac OSX, I want to be able to copy the results of my 'jar' task (somefile.jar) to a Windows share. background...I've used the Finder's network tools to connect to the shared drive on windows (there is a network mapping called DEVELOPMENT) on which I can browse the contents of the Windows drive from OSX. However, when I use the Ant tag, and specify todir="DEVELOPMENT/somefilepath", it doesn't go to the network drive. I've tried "//DEVELOPMENT/somefilepath".... no good.. and a few other wild guesses as well. My question is: how do I use that mapped drive in the Ant task as part of the destination file path? Thanks, Eric-    More>>

Hello,
From my Mac OSX, I want to be able to copy the results of my 'jar' task (somefile.jar) to a Windows share.

background...I've used the Finder's network tools to connect to the shared drive on windows (there is a network mapping called DEVELOPMENT) on which I can browse the contents of the Windows drive from OSX. However, when I use the Ant tag, and specify todir="DEVELOPMENT/somefilepath", it doesn't go to the network drive. I've tried "//DEVELOPMENT/somefilepath".... no good.. and a few other wild guesses as well.

My question is: how do I use that mapped drive in the Ant task as part of the destination file path?

Thanks,
Eric-

<<Less

Re: OSX to Windows file copy

Posted By:   Almagest_FUTT  
Posted On:   Friday, August 19, 2005 08:43 PM

This is but a suggestion:
Open a shell ("terminal").
Drag your network-icon upto it.
There should be displayed the path of the "drive".

If the path is right, and it still isn't working, check your access (rw) permissions.

N.B.: UNIX systems don't have "drives". The have mounted filesystems whithin the filesystem.

About | Sitemap | Contact