dcsimg
CORBA vs. DDS
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, August 12, 2005 03:08 PM

I am a relatively new CORBA user who is looking to compare CORBA to DDS in a scenario I am involved in. In short, I am going to have a bunch of client programs that will need to grab small amounts of information from a database with XML files. It has been dictated to me that CORBA will be used to send information from the clients to the database and visa-versa. From what I know about CORBA, this didnt sound like a good use for it. It sounds more like a messaging middleware task. How does CORBA operate in this type of situation? Would it be better to attack this problem with something like DDS? All thoughts and suggestsion welcome. Matt    More>>

I am a relatively new CORBA user who is looking to compare CORBA to DDS in a scenario I am involved in.

In short, I am going to have a bunch of client programs that will need to grab small amounts of information from a database with XML files. It has been dictated to me that CORBA will be used to send information from the clients to the database and visa-versa.

From what I know about CORBA, this didnt sound like a good use for it. It sounds more like a messaging middleware task.

How does CORBA operate in this type of situation?

Would it be better to attack this problem with something like DDS?

All thoughts and suggestsion welcome.

Matt

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact