Get only unread messages
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alfred_Sniff
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 3, 2005 10:05 AM

Hi, I'm new with JavaMail and i wanted to know how to get only unread message from a Pop3. Actually, today I get all messages from the Inbox, but I want only unread messages. I saw a method but it return only the number onf unread messages. I tried a way to make it by using StatusHeader (statusHeader = msgs[msgNum].getHeader("Status");) but i doesn't work. Can someone help me? Morevover, I have an other problem when I want to save Attachment Documents. For example, I've got a mail with a file called "File000.pdf" in attachment. I tried to save it on the hard disk but it fails. I've got a file called "File000.pdf" but which can't be open. Can you show me how to do? Tha   More>>

Hi,

I'm new with JavaMail and i wanted to know how to get only unread message from a Pop3. Actually, today I get all messages from the Inbox, but I want only unread messages. I saw a method but it return only the number onf unread messages. I tried a way to make it by using StatusHeader (statusHeader = msgs[msgNum].getHeader("Status");) but i doesn't work. Can someone help me?

Morevover, I have an other problem when I want to save Attachment Documents. For example, I've got a mail with a file called "File000.pdf" in attachment. I tried to save it on the hard disk but it fails. I've got a file called "File000.pdf" but which can't be open. Can you show me how to do?

Thanks in advance for your answers

<<Less

Re: Get only unread messages

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, August 5, 2005 04:52 AM

Hi Sniff
POP3 does not provide anyn means for u to fetch an UNREAD email..
U need to have an workaround from u r application to identify the new Email..

Regards
Kalyan Syamala
About | Sitemap | Contact