dcsimg
A working application suddenly caused java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   john_goody
Posted On:   Friday, July 29, 2005 04:58 AM

I have a web application running on a resin server. Everything in my application worked fine at the beginning but suddenly I got java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. I looked at the line number of the exception and found out that the classes causing java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError are always the ones that contain static collection of data. The samples of those classes are CityList class and CountryList class which has a HashMap of city IDs and the city name strings. I'm not sure why those classes suddenly become unavailable. The strange thing is that my application becomes normal again when I upload my classes to site. Please note that my webhoster set up the server so that every time I upload my file to their given directory, it's automatically copied to the resin serve   More>>

I have a web application running on a resin server. Everything in my application worked fine at the beginning but suddenly I got java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. I looked at the line number of the exception and found out that the classes causing java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError are always the ones that contain static collection of data. The samples of those classes are CityList class and CountryList class which has a HashMap of city IDs and the city name strings. I'm not sure why those classes suddenly become unavailable. The strange thing is that my application becomes normal again when I upload my classes to site. Please note that my webhoster set up the server so that every time I upload my file to their given directory, it's automatically copied to the resin server. I have no direct access to the resin server myself. After I re-upload my classes, everything seems ok for a while, then suddenly I get NoClassDefFoundError again.

Anyone knows why this is happening? Please help.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact