dcsimg
favicon
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jeff_Johnson
Posted On:   Sunday, July 24, 2005 05:33 AM

Hello I am using jbuilder to build a struts app and wanted to include a favicon in browser window. In my testing environment it works fine and favicon is displayed in browser address bar, but you cannot see the file in my images directory where the image files are kept. I am sure it is there because if I go outside of jbuilder to that directory I can see the ico(favicon) file. Now when I upload to my web server the file is not included and consequently does not work properly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jeff    More>>

Hello I am using jbuilder to build a struts app and wanted to

include a favicon in browser window. In my testing

environment it works fine and favicon is displayed in browser

address bar, but you cannot see the file in my images

directory where the image files are kept. I am sure it is

there because if I go outside of jbuilder to that directory I

can see the ico(favicon) file. Now when I upload to my web

server the file is not included and consequently does not

work properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

<<Less

Re: favicon

Posted By:   Barett_McGavock  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 23, 2005 09:02 PM

Otherwise, the problem is probably a problem with deployment. You might check to see if the deployment or WAR process is somehow skipping over .ico files in the images subdirectory.

Re: favicon

Posted By:   Barett_McGavock  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 23, 2005 09:01 PM

Some web hosts (like free Yahoo! Geocities) restrict the types of files that can be uploaded. They will not allow the upload of files with extensions outside a defined set, such as: { "css", "gif", "jpg", "png", "htm", "html" } or a like set. You might check to see if your web host imposes such restrictions.
About | Sitemap | Contact