Certificate Server for Client Authentication
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Naveed_Hussain
Posted On:   Sunday, July 17, 2005 07:00 AM

Hi, I am using Tomcat 5.0.28. I have successfully configured Tomcat to use Server side Certificates for SSL. Now I want to use certificates that will be issued to the clients of my website. Any client without the certificate should be denied access. All this can be done only with the help of a Certificate Server that issues certificates to the clients. Uptill now I am unable to find a a freeware certificate server that can be configured with Tomcat. I have used Microsoft Certificate Server with IIS. Although Tomcat can be configured with IIS but that is not what my requirement is. I either want to use Tomcat alone or with Apache 2.x. Can anyone suggest a FREEWARE CERTIFICATE SERVER that can be configured with Tomc   More>>

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.0.28. I have successfully configured Tomcat to use Server side Certificates for SSL.

Now I want to use certificates that will be issued to the clients of my website. Any client without the certificate should be denied access. All this can be done only with the help of a Certificate Server that issues certificates to the clients. Uptill now I am unable to find a a freeware certificate server that can be configured with Tomcat.

I have used Microsoft Certificate Server with IIS. Although Tomcat can be configured with IIS but that is not what my requirement is. I either want to use Tomcat alone or with Apache 2.x.

Can anyone suggest a FREEWARE CERTIFICATE SERVER that can be configured with Tomcat 5.0.28. Also the URL from where I can download its binaries and documentation.

Very sincerely,

Naveed Hussain

<<Less

Re: Certificate Server for Client Authentication

Posted By:   Naveed_Hussain  
Posted On:   Friday, August 5, 2005 12:08 AM

I have found the solution myself :)

someone facing the same problem can contact me on baoo_naveed@yahoo.com
About | Sitemap | Contact