Simple MySQL / Lucene example
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Klaus_H
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 12, 2005 07:24 PM

Hi, I played with several search engines to replace MySQL FULLTEXT index and hope that Lucene is the best solution for that. I am reading Mannings book on Lucene in action and it seems to be the most powerful search engine I found so far. I'm stuck at some problem and need help from you experts. I managed to create an index as described in the examples. I also managed to read a MySQL database in Java. My question is, if anybody here has some SIMPLE example which does this in one step. I am good in PHP and in Visual Basic, but very new to Java. Maybe I'm using the wrong tools (NetBeans IDE and JCreator) but I don't get it managed to create an Lucene Index on 3 database fields   More>>

Hi,

I played with several search engines to replace MySQL FULLTEXT index and hope that Lucene is the best solution for that.

I am reading Mannings book on Lucene in action and it seems to be the most powerful search engine I found so far.

I'm stuck at some problem and need help from you experts. I managed to create an index as described in the examples. I also managed to read a MySQL database in Java.

My question is, if anybody here has some SIMPLE example which does this in one step. I am good in PHP and in Visual Basic, but very new to Java. Maybe I'm using the wrong tools (NetBeans IDE and JCreator) but I don't get it managed to create an Lucene Index on 3 database fields.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you so much,

Klaus

<<Less

Re: Simple MySQL / Lucene example

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 4, 2005 07:24 PM

You are welcome to try DBSight
http://www.dbsight.net

It's a web-based RAD tool to develop Lucene search on any databases, including MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, SAP DB, etc.

You don't need to do any java coding to use the tool!
Just download the dbsight.zip file and unzip it, and start.

In addition to create the index, DBSight can also help to manage and search on the index.

1. Job scheduling to run the indexing

2. Index switching when new index is ready

3. Search results template

About | Sitemap | Contact