When roll-over occurs, the old version of .log is not getting created
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   parashuram_kolekar
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 6, 2005 10:38 AM

In log4j.xml I have configured What is happening is, when size of TestLog.log reaches MaxFileSize(i.e. 15KB) its deleting the existing TestLog.log and crating the new one, but nested When roll-over occurs, the old version of TestLog.log should be automatically moved to TestLog.log.1 and this is not happing. Any workaround for this? Please let me know. Regards Parashu    More>>

In log4j.xml I have configured

What is happening is, when size of TestLog.log reaches MaxFileSize(i.e. 15KB) its deleting the existing TestLog.log and crating the new one, but nested When roll-over occurs, the old version of TestLog.log should be automatically moved to TestLog.log.1 and this is not happing.

Any workaround for this?

Please let me know.

Regards

Parashu    <<Less

Re: When roll-over occurs, the old version of .log is not getting created

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 6, 2005 10:32 PM

Does the user (that the JVM is running as) have permission, in the underlying operating system, to create new files in the directory? maybe that's the problem, if it can overwrite the content of the existing file under the old name, but not create a brand new one under a new name?

Also if your JVM is running somewhere like inside an Oracle database, you also need to grant privileges in Oracle, too, to the database user and/or "jobs", over and above the operating system/ filesystem permissions for the OS user (as we have learned).
About | Sitemap | Contact