Component diagram - description
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ricardo_Pinto
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 6, 2005 05:14 AM

Hello! I'm reviewing a requirements document in my company. One of the diagrams used is a component diagram; the text that follows it starts with a description of each component (client machine, web server, applicational server and database server) and after that explains the flow of interactivity between the components. My question: is there a best practice for the description on UML diagrams? Should I start with a description of the flow and only then provide some detailed information on each component? Perhaps integrate both description (flow and individual component info)? Or leave it the way it is? Thanks in advance for your support! Greetings, Ricardo Pinto    More>>

Hello!

I'm reviewing a requirements document in my company. One of the diagrams used is a component diagram; the text that follows it starts with a description of each component (client machine, web server, applicational server and database server) and after that explains the flow of interactivity between the components.

My question: is there a best practice for the description on UML diagrams? Should I start with a description of the flow and only then provide some detailed information on each component? Perhaps integrate both description (flow and individual component info)? Or leave it the way it is?

Thanks in advance for your support!
Greetings,

Ricardo Pinto

<<Less

Re: Component diagram - description

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 6, 2005 10:08 PM

There are static diagrams and dynamic diagrams; flow should be indicated in some form of dynamic diagram, presumably?
About | Sitemap | Contact