dcsimg
Indexing performance with thousands of documents
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alfred_Sniff
Posted On:   Thursday, June 2, 2005 05:43 AM

hi, I've made a function in java which allows me to reindex all my database of documents. It works but the problem is the speed of the reindexing. It takes 2mn15s for 70 documents which are, in average, not very heavy. The problem is that I want to use my function with a 30 000 documents database... and it will be a little bit long :) I've tried to put minmergedoc to 1000 and mergefactor too, but it's not better. Even if I use RAMDirectory it doesn't change anything. I've tried a solution by using Thread, in order to throw each index in a specific directory and then merge all into one, but it doesn't work really... Somebody's got an idea? Thanks all for you   More>>

hi,

I've made a function in java which allows me to reindex all my database of documents. It works but the problem is the speed of the reindexing. It takes 2mn15s for 70 documents which are, in average, not very heavy. The problem is that I want to use my function with a 30 000 documents database... and it will be a little bit long :)

I've tried to put minmergedoc to 1000 and mergefactor too, but it's not better. Even if I use RAMDirectory it doesn't change anything.

I've tried a solution by using Thread, in order to throw each index in a specific directory and then merge all into one, but it doesn't work really...

Somebody's got an idea?

Thanks all for your answers

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact