dcsimg
Eclipse and Java memory settings not taking effect
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Peter_VanBuskirk
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 1, 2005 12:49 PM

Hello, I'm developing a program that demands a good deal of heap memory for image queuing and processing. After battling with some OOM errors I found out how to set the Java and Eclipse heap settings. They currently both have the arguments "-vmargs -Xms512M -Xmx1024M". However, when I run my program in Eclipse with those arguments and output the maximum memory at different points I see that Runtime.getRuntime().maxMemory() = 66650112, which is ~66.6MB. My program still crashes due to the size of the heap but I do not know of any other way to increase it. Has anyone ever seen this type of problem before? Can you recommend any troubleshooting tips? My JRE   More>>

Hello,

I'm developing a program that demands a good deal of heap memory for image queuing and processing. After battling with some OOM errors I found out how to set the Java and Eclipse heap settings. They currently both have the arguments "-vmargs -Xms512M -Xmx1024M".

However, when I run my program in Eclipse with those arguments and output the maximum memory at different points I see that Runtime.getRuntime().maxMemory() = 66650112, which is ~66.6MB.

My program still crashes due to the size of the heap but I do not know of any other way to increase it. Has anyone ever seen this type of problem before? Can you recommend any troubleshooting tips?

My JRE/JDK version is 1.5.0_02 and my Eclipse version is 3.0.2.

Thanks,

Peter

<<Less

Re: Eclipse and Java memory settings not taking effect

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, June 17, 2005 01:32 AM

Where you call Runtime.getRuntime().maxMemory()? If in your own application, it's out of Eclipse business. Eclipse start another JVM instance for your application.

--------

justin@spidergoods.com

http://www.spidergoods.com
About | Sitemap | Contact