dcsimg
Search with MultiFieldQueryParser in a multi-type doucment index
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 24, 2005 04:03 AM

Hi, In order to search in all fields of my ondex I choose to use "MultiFieldQueryParser". I have several lucene document type in my index, let's say two, one with two fields "author" and "type" and another with "title", "code" and "content". MultiFieldQueryParser take three parameter : a search query, a String[] fields and an analyzer. where the String[] content the field names in which lucene will search. the question : Is it a good way to do to put all my 5 field name in the String[]. Is lucene able to continue the search if an indexed document doesn't content one of the field it has to seacrh in? Thanks in advance. Jérôme    More>>

Hi,
In order to search in all fields of my ondex I choose to use "MultiFieldQueryParser".
I have several lucene document type in my index, let's say two, one with two fields "author" and "type" and another with "title", "code" and "content".

MultiFieldQueryParser take three parameter : a search query, a String[] fields and an analyzer.
where the String[] content the field names in which lucene will search.

the question : Is it a good way to do to put all my 5 field name in the String[]. Is lucene able to continue the search if an indexed document doesn't content one of the field it has to seacrh in?

Thanks in advance.

Jérôme

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact