Need design solution: Closed-bid Auction application
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mohamed_Mohideen
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 11, 2005 12:05 PM

I am working on an online auction[closed-bid] web application. I have to develop two modules, an administration module and actual auction module. The Administration module should be able to manage the auction items. The auction module runs the auction and takes the bid from the bidders for the auction items. Administration domain: AuctionItem --> Category --> Specification Group --> Specifications 95'Honda --> Car --> General --> Make: Nissan All domain objects in the administration module are manageable units. Auction domain: Bidder --> AuctionItem --> Category --> SpecificationGrou   More>>

I am working on an online auction[closed-bid] web application.

I have to develop two modules, an administration module and actual auction module.

The Administration module should be able to manage the auction items.
The auction module runs the auction and takes the bid from the bidders for the auction items.

Administration domain:

AuctionItem --> Category --> Specification Group --> Specifications

95'Honda --> Car --> General --> Make: Nissan

All domain objects in the administration module are manageable units.

Auction domain:

Bidder --> AuctionItem --> Category --> SpecificationGroup --> Specifications

Tom --> 95' Honda --> Car --> General --> Make: Nissan

Administration module will run on the intranet app server and Auction module will be on the internet app server.

How would I design this application?

Do I need to make two war files for each module and deploy them on the respective server?

Appreciate your feedbacks and suggestions.

Please let me know if more clarifications needed.

Thanks,

Mohideen.

<<Less

Re: Need design solution: Closed-bid Auction application

Posted By:   varadarajan_Anand  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:29 PM

More information would be needed to suggest proper design of the application like:

1. maximum Number of concurrent requests expected

2. The shared components that need to be made in this application

3. The hardware limitations

A 3 tier architecture is standard for Web applications. You could choose MVC architecture for the UI layer and opt for Struts framework. You could also opt for Front controller design pattern.

For business logic and domain entities where the entire Auction entities like specs, auctionlineitems would fall could be modelled with Business Delegates.

You could choose DAO patterns for Data access.

Regards
Varada
About | Sitemap | Contact