dcsimg
Expiry time on messages
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Venkata_Kasturi
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 3, 2005 01:22 PM

I'm using JMS to communicate back end mainframe system. My application requirement is to wait for mainframe response for about 30 seconds and if the response message comes after 30 seconds it should expire. And I'm using QueueSender.send method to set the expiry time on messages. Every thing is working fine as messages are getting expired but the Queue depth remains the same. We are explicitly browsing the Queue to over come the issue. Is that we can overcome by also calling method setExpiration method on messages?. Please let me know how can we over come this problem with JMS API. Appritiate your time. Regards, K.V.K    More>>

I'm using JMS to communicate back end mainframe system.
My application requirement is to wait for mainframe response for about 30 seconds and if the response message comes after 30 seconds it should expire.
And I'm using QueueSender.send method to set the expiry time on messages. Every thing is working fine as messages are getting expired but the Queue depth remains the same. We are explicitly browsing the Queue to over come the issue.
Is that we can overcome by also calling method setExpiration method on messages?.
Please let me know how can we over come this problem with JMS API.

Appritiate your time.
Regards,
K.V.K
   <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact