Strange behaviour when accessing remote urls
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neal_ravindran
Posted On:   Monday, April 25, 2005 12:15 PM

I have users with JBoss running on their local PC. The user requests a page from the JBoss server. "Onload" of the page from the JBoss server, the page (using javascript) is directed to a https jsp page residing on a remote Orion Server. The jsp page at Orion, "onload" submits to a Struts action file the problem From the logs on Orion, I can see that the request came in to the jsp page....but to go inside the underlying action file it takes a loooooooooooooooooooooong time (10 mins..Yes I had the patience to find out:) Meanwhile the user who pulled up the page has a frozen window..and can't do anything for a while. Any clue why it takes eons for the jsp page at Or   More>>

I have users with JBoss running on their local PC.
The user requests a page from the JBoss server.
"Onload" of the page from the JBoss server, the page (using javascript) is directed to a https jsp page residing on a remote Orion Server. The jsp page at Orion, "onload" submits to a Struts action file

the problem
From the logs on Orion, I can see that the request came in to the jsp page....but to go inside the underlying action file it takes a loooooooooooooooooooooong time (10 mins..Yes I had the patience to find out:)

Meanwhile the user who pulled up the page has a frozen window..and can't do anything for a while.

Any clue why it takes eons for the jsp page at Orion to see the underlying struts action file?

P.S:-
a) If the same jsp page is served-up from the Orion server it is able to see the underlying Struts action file instantaneously. So dunno what gives, but proves the struts config file is alright.

b) Versions of applications/libraries used:-
Struts 1.1, Orion 2.0 , JBoss 4.0.0, JVM 1.4.2 from Sun, JBoss on Windows XP/2000/NT, Orion on Red hat Linux 8

<<Less

Re: Strange behaviour when accessing remote urls

Posted By:   neal_ravindran  
Posted On:   Monday, April 25, 2005 09:29 PM

Nothing to do with struts...So ignore..

Has everything to do with "same origin policy"

About | Sitemap | Contact