How to get rid of JBoss rmiPort=1098 "Address already in use" error? What would be the cause out of the blue?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neal_ravindran
Posted On:   Sunday, April 17, 2005 06:23 AM

I have no other instances of JBoss running on my PC. Everything was working fine... (the only thing I did in between was install J2SE 5 from Sun..but that I *think* could not have been responsible..It was downloaded to its own little directory and not started) I get this error on starting JBoss ERROR [org.jboss.naming.NamingService] Starting failed jboss:service=Naming java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1098; nested exception is: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind I ran "netstat -a" and infact port 1098 is listening...No clue what opened it and kept it in listening mode. I will think of changing the port, but want to know exa   More>>

I have no other instances of JBoss running on my PC.

Everything was working fine...
(the only thing I did in between was install J2SE 5 from Sun..but that I *think* could not have been responsible..It was downloaded to its own little directory and not started)

I get this error on starting JBoss

ERROR [org.jboss.naming.NamingService] Starting failed jboss:service=Naming
java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1098; nested exception is:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

I ran "netstat -a" and infact port 1098 is listening...No clue what opened it and kept it in listening mode. I will think of changing the port, but want to know exactly why this happened all of a sudden.

<<Less

Re: How to get rid of JBoss rmiPort=1098 "Address already in use" error? What would be the cause out of the blue?

Posted By:   WarnerJan_Veldhuis  
Posted On:   Sunday, April 17, 2005 08:20 AM

If you are using Win XP, you can use "netstat -a -n -o" to find out what process id is listening. Use the task manager to find out what process id belongs to what application. Common port 1098 uses are for Oracle and ICQ.
About | Sitemap | Contact