Need Help in use case description, Class Diagrams, Object Sequence Diagram, and Statechart Diagram...
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mai_Hashmi
Posted On:   Friday, April 15, 2005 07:06 AM

I'm doing Rivision for my exams and I didn't attend the lectures for these subjects cuz I gave birth then and I missed the lectures and revision, I really need URGENT HELP to practice on the below use case to identify a full use case description, Class Diagrams, Object Sequence Diagram and Statechart Diagram for this use case: - Restaurant Table Reservation System The system to be developed is intended to support day-to-day operations of a large and popular restaurant by improving the process of making reservations and allocating tables to customers. It will be a single-user system. The restaurant currently operates a manual reservation system using hand-written forms stored in a large folder. The restaurant manag   More>>

I'm doing Rivision for my exams and I didn't attend the lectures for these subjects cuz I gave birth then and I missed the lectures and revision,
I really need URGENT HELP to practice on the below use case to identify a full use case description, Class Diagrams, Object Sequence Diagram and Statechart Diagram for this use case: -

Restaurant Table Reservation System
The system to be developed is intended to support day-to-day operations of a large and popular restaurant by improving the process of making reservations and allocating tables to customers. It will be a single-user system. The restaurant currently operates a manual reservation system using hand-written forms stored in a large folder.

The restaurant management has identified a number of problems with the manual system. The system is slow and the reservation forms quickly become difficult to read. This can lead to operational problem such as a customer being prevented from making a reservation because it is not obvious from the form that there is a table available. In addition, there is no back-up system; if reservation forms get destroyed the restaurant has no record of what reservations have been made for that evening.

For these reasons, the restaurant would like to develop an automated system for managing reservations. The system should handle the process of making a reservation in the following way. The system displays the interface and a receptionist inputs a requested date for a reservation, the number of ‘covers’ or places reserved, a preferred location of the table (smoking/non-smoking, window/non-window, etc). The system finds a table and then displays the floor plan (the layout of the tables and their status, available or reserved) for the specified date, indicating the selected table, and prompts the receptionist to confirm the selection. The receptionist has an option to change the table recommended by the system. In both cases, the system marks the selected table as reserved. Only one reservation per evening is accepted for each table.

If the customer intends to pay by cash or cheque a contact name and phone number are recorded.

If the customer intends to pay by credit card then payment details are now taken. If payment details are not valid, the reservation is not accepted.
The reservation may be cancelled up to 24 hours before the requested date with no charge and the table becomes available for a new reservation. If a party does not arrive (a no-show party), a penalty is charged.

The system would also be used by the Head Waiter to support operations of the restaurant when it is open. The arrival of a party is recorded on the system, which marks the reserved table as occupied.

Unreserved tables are available to the general public on a first-come first-served basis. In this case only the change of table availability is noted on the system.

PLS HELP ME ASAP MY EXAM IS IN TWO WEEKS TIME,, and if you can give me guideline how to analyse everything..

Thanks alot

MAI

<<Less

Re: Need Help in use case description, Class Diagrams, Object Sequence Diagram, and Statechart Diagram...

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, April 16, 2005 08:08 AM

What is the web page address, and email address, of your lecturer? We'd need these to be able to help you.
About | Sitemap | Contact