Lucene escape characters
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   slava_litskevich
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 13, 2005 01:53 AM

I'm searching for a word or phrase containing special character, e.g. "some-any" , and i want to find only exact matches. So I don't want to find a document containing phrase "some any" . The problem is that I do get it as a result. I use StandardAnalyzer for indexing and searching. WhitespaceAnalyzer will not do as I still want to be able to search for the word "any" and find the document containing "some-any" . I tried following query variants: "some-any" ""some-any"" ""some-any"" - no use: I always find the document with "some any&q   More>>

I'm searching for a word or phrase containing special character, e.g. "some-any" , and i want to find only exact matches. So I don't want to find a document containing phrase "some any" . The problem is that I do get it as a result.

I use StandardAnalyzer for indexing and searching. WhitespaceAnalyzer will not do as I still want to be able to search for the word "any" and find the document containing "some-any" .

I tried following query variants:

• "some-any"
  • ""some-any""
  • ""some-any""

- no use: I always find the document with "some any"

Lucene version 1.4.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Slava
  •    <<Less

Re: Lucene escape characters

Posted By:   Otis_Gospodnetic  
    Posted On:   Thursday, April 14, 2005 08:35 AM

You should make your own analyzer and tokenizer that doesn't split tokens on characters like '-'.
    About | Sitemap | Contact