Single Sign On
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ganesh_narayan
Posted On:   Saturday, April 2, 2005 01:42 AM

Can you help me ? Suppose there are two web applications in the same server, but under different web context. say, context1/app1/main.jsp and context2/app2/main.jsp main.jsp in app1 contains a Login process and for accessing main.jsp of app2 needs the login process of app1. Otherwise it redirect the client to main.jsp of app1. if session expired , the same process should come. app2 not have a login page. How can i pass the user details from one web context to another, without the use of URL writing( ?fw="erw") or jaas? Reply to ganeshnarayan@sify.com    More>>

Can you help me ?

Suppose there are two web applications in the same server, but under different web context.
say,

context1/app1/main.jsp

and

context2/app2/main.jsp

main.jsp in app1 contains a Login process and for accessing main.jsp of app2 needs the login process of app1.
Otherwise it redirect the client to main.jsp of app1. if session expired , the same process should come.
app2 not have a login page.

How can i pass the user details from one web context to another, without the use of URL writing( ?fw="erw") or jaas?

Reply to ganeshnarayan@sify.com

<<Less

Re: Single Sign On

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, April 2, 2005 06:17 AM

I think most "single signon" solutions use a third, common, authentication server, so both individual web applications would defer to the common authentication server.

With GetAccess, SiteMinder etc., I think you normally add a plugin to the httpd server, which screens all requests for authentication first, before your web application even gets to see the request.
About | Sitemap | Contact