dcsimg
Database Connectivity in a JSP page.reply asap..
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sarvesh_Agrawal
Posted On:   Friday, April 1, 2005 10:53 AM

i have a JSP page with a single text box. now i want to save the value entered in the textbox in database on the click event of the submit button .i know this can be done by using java beans. but i don't want to call any other jsp page or bean. i want to write a function on the same jsp page that call be called on the click event of the submit button and this function can have code to save value of the textbox in the database. Now My Problem is: 1.How to call a function written in JSP style and not in JavaScript on the click event of the submit button. 2.How to access value of the text box in the function being called on the click event. 3.Can i get database connectivity in the same mann   More>>

i have a JSP page with a single text box. now i want to save the value entered in the textbox in database on the click event of the submit button .i know this can be done by using java beans. but i don't want to call any other jsp page or bean. i want to write a function on the same jsp page that call be called on the click event of the submit button and this function can have code to save value of the textbox in the database.
Now My Problem is:

1.How to call a function written in JSP style and not in JavaScript on the click event of the submit button.

2.How to access value of the text box in the function being called on the click event.

3.Can i get database connectivity in the same manner as we can get in any java code.
plz reply asap

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact