Issue with hot deployment on WL 8.1
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Pinaki_Sen
Posted On:   Friday, March 18, 2005 10:01 AM

I used the exploded archive format to deploy a web application ( no EJB Jars etc involved). But after modifying a custom Action class and placing it in the WEB-infclasses, I get the following exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.getProcessorForModule Clearly weblogic managed to load the new Action class, and if I understand correctly it would have destroyed the old web class loader and create a new one and loaded all the classes visible to the web app class loader. But somehow it still seems to cache the RequestProcessor class.. Can some one please throw some light on this. PS I dont have anything in the server    More>>

I used the exploded archive format to deploy a web application ( no EJB Jars etc involved). But after modifying a custom Action class and placing it in the WEB-infclasses, I get the following exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.getProcessorForModule

Clearly weblogic managed to load the new Action class, and if I understand correctly it would have destroyed the old web class loader and create a new one and loaded all the classes visible to the web app class loader.
But somehow it still seems to cache the RequestProcessor class..

Can some one please throw some light on this.

PS I dont have anything in the server classpath, and there is no chance of duplicate copies anywhere in the classpath or under web-inf

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact