dcsimg
Send MimeMessage(smtp protocol)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sellem_judith
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 16, 2005 08:43 AM

Hi, The SMTP protocol permits me to send an "Envelope" and a MimeMessage. In my Envelope I have : Mail-From header different from the From header of the MimeMessage. Recipient-Address different from the Recipients of the MimeMessage. If i want to use the Transport interface and the MimeMessage class, i don't know how to put the Mail-From (of the "Envelope"). I see that in SMTPMessage i can set the Mail-From. The problem is that i want to have the possiblity to send the message using SMTP or other protocol. The problem is that I want the component I write to be protocol-neutral. Do i need to make a transport class extend SMTPTransport that receives th   More>>

Hi,
The SMTP protocol permits me to send an "Envelope" and a MimeMessage.
In my Envelope I have :
Mail-From header different from the From header of the MimeMessage.
Recipient-Address different from the Recipients of the MimeMessage.

If i want to use the Transport interface and the MimeMessage class, i don't know how to put the Mail-From (of the "Envelope").

I see that in SMTPMessage i can set the Mail-From.

The problem is that i want to have the possiblity to send the message using SMTP or other protocol.
The problem is that I want the component I write to be protocol-neutral.

Do i need to make a transport class extend SMTPTransport that receives the MimeMessage, builds an SMTPMessage and sends it?

Please advise
example:
Transport.send(MimeMessage msg, Addresse[] addresses);
msg : the MimeMessage
addresses: the recipients of "Envelope"
Mail-From : how to put ?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact