Opening a new Window using href target="_blank"
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Capri_Guru
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 15, 2005 05:33 AM

I have a link in a HTML page which has href='Test.html' target ='_blank' onclick = 'displayAlert() Now in the body tag I have an onload function funOnload() which calls the displayAlert() function. Now when the user clicks on the link the displayAlert() function will be called and the Test.html page will be loaded in a new window since target is specified as '_blank' But when the page loads the funOnload() function will be called which inturn calls displayAlert() but after this the Test.html does not load. How can I load Test.html in a separate window onload without using any other function like window.open() etc. So the question boils down to the point   More>>

I have a link in a HTML page which has href='Test.html' target ='_blank' onclick = 'displayAlert()

Now in the body tag I have an onload function funOnload() which calls the displayAlert() function.

Now when the user clicks on the link the displayAlert() function will be called and the Test.html page will be loaded in a new window since target is specified as '_blank'

But when the page loads the funOnload() function will be called which inturn calls displayAlert() but after this the Test.html does not load.

How can I load Test.html in a separate window onload without using any other function like window.open() etc.
So the question boils down to the point that on user click after the onclick function in the link what else gets called which loads the Test.html page?

Thanks,

CapriGuru    <<Less

Re: Opening a new Window using href target="_blank"

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, March 17, 2005 08:39 AM

Move the alert(), into the new Test.html perhaps?
About | Sitemap | Contact