Which server side techology to use??
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Hemnishi_Nishihem
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 9, 2005 10:29 PM

hi!! I am developing an intranet based application. Currently I am using jsp as front end and oracle as back end. Am i doing the right thing?? Also, in the front end i am calling a swing applet (becuase the gui needs to be good). Now I m in a confusion as to what technology should I be using on the server side to retrieve the values from the swing applet. Should i be using (a) another JSP page (b) a servlet (c) a bean (d) something else that i m not aware of. 1) Will anyone please help me as to what server side techology to use. 2) What is the exact difference between using jsp and servlet on the server side, cause eventually jsp is going to be complied to a servlet 3) An   More>>

hi!!
I am developing an intranet based application. Currently I am using jsp as front end and oracle as back end. Am i doing the right thing??

Also, in the front end i am calling a swing applet (becuase the gui needs to be good). Now I m in a confusion as to what technology should I be using on the server side to retrieve the values from the swing applet.

Should i be using
(a) another JSP page
(b) a servlet
(c) a bean
(d) something else that i m not aware of.

1) Will anyone please help me as to what server side techology to use.
2) What is the exact difference between using jsp and servlet on the server side, cause eventually jsp is going to be complied to a servlet
3) And how to do the communication between the applet and the jsp/servlet/bean.

I know a bit about http tunelling and serialization, but I dont know exactly what to use and how?? Can anyone please explain me what should be used to make the application more efficent.

<<Less

Re: Which server side techology to use??

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, March 12, 2005 06:50 AM

I've just been recently reading about this new thing called "Axis" or "IPU" (In Place Updating), using "XmlHttpRequest" via "JSON RPC" (?) which sounds interesting, for web applications to get fields of new information updated, without having to post the whole form and lose the current page in the browser ...
About | Sitemap | Contact