sending an email with html content-PLEASE HELP
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   sabcarina_magro
Posted On:   Monday, February 21, 2005 06:39 AM

Hi i am sending an email with html tags code snippet: msg.setContent(mymessage, "text/html"); The message will be taken from an HTML form's textarea inputted by the user so it varies all the time. Is there any way i can detect if user's mail client/mail box accepts messages in html. For eg if user has a Lotus Notes mail database, html format is not returned properly. Any suggestions please cos id like to put some code to detect this, cos if mail is received without proper html formatting it looks so ugly with all the tags included as text in the message. THANKS LOTS sabcarina    More>>

Hi

i am sending an email with html tags

code snippet: msg.setContent(mymessage, "text/html");

The message will be taken from an HTML form's textarea inputted by the user so it varies all the time.

Is there any way i can detect if user's mail client/mail box accepts messages in html. For eg if user has a Lotus Notes mail database, html format is not returned properly.

Any suggestions please cos id like to put some code to detect this, cos if mail is received without proper html formatting it looks so ugly with all the tags included as text in the message.

THANKS LOTS

sabcarina

<<Less

Re: sending an email with html content-PLEASE HELP

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, February 21, 2005 06:44 PM

Is there any way i can detect if user's mail client/mail box accepts messages in html

The only acceptable way is to ask. That is, ask first, IF they want you email, and if they do, in what format do they want it ... BEFORE sending any more email to them!

About | Sitemap | Contact