dcsimg
//URGENT// - IP / root configuration - //URGENT// URGENT //
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Onur_Duga
Posted On:   Friday, February 4, 2005 07:21 AM

I have designed *.jsp web pages. My web site works very well on my local root. My home page is in this folder c:/site/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/examples/travel/index.jsp And when I want to test my web site I wrote hhtp://localhost:8091/examples/travel/index.jsp in address bar. There is no problem here. But I rent a server somewhere and I configure everything there. Localhost is works very well again. Question here: when attempt to write my www.mydomain.com there is nothing but if I try to www.mydomain.com:8091/examples/travel/index.jsp it works. Problem is pathway, I can not configure this path as a root path... If you understand problem, and you know the configuration pelase help me. Regads,    More>>

I have designed *.jsp web pages. My web site works very well on my local root.
My home page is in this folder c:/site/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/examples/travel/index.jsp
And when I want to test my web site I wrote hhtp://localhost:8091/examples/travel/index.jsp in address bar. There is no problem here. But I rent a server somewhere and I configure everything there. Localhost is works very well again.
Question here:
when attempt to write my www.mydomain.com there is nothing but if I try to www.mydomain.com:8091/examples/travel/index.jsp it works.
Problem is pathway, I can not configure this path as a root path...
If you understand problem, and you know the configuration pelase help me.
Regads,

<<Less

Re: //URGENT// - IP / root configuration - //URGENT// URGENT //

Posted By:   Onur_Duga  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 8, 2005 08:38 AM

Thanks for all...Guys we found the problem that there was a missing word in server configuration. Sorted out...
Kind regards...

How to install Tomcat 4.1

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, February 7, 2005 08:09 PM

I just installed Tomcat 4.1. I set the environment variables like JAVA_HOME,TOMCAT_HOME,CATALINA_HOME AND CLASSPATH. Inspite of all those things the server closes so quickly. Hence please send me the step by step process to install and initialize the server. please tell me right from scratch.

regards
Kavitha

Re: //URGENT// - IP / root configuration - //URGENT// URGENT //

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, February 4, 2005 05:51 PM

Are you saying that you want your web application installed on a server that uses the default port (80), instead of the 8091 that you are giving in the URL?
About | Sitemap | Contact