About the JMS Architecture
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   JORGE_GONZALEZ
Posted On:   Friday, January 28, 2005 04:46 AM

I have a general question about how the JMS architecture works in terms of the machines used. If I understand correctly to send any message from a client to another one you need three processes: the sender, a JMS server and the receiver. This processes will correspond typically to three different machines. Is this the way JMS works or I have misunderstand it? If my interpretation is correct then JMS will not have any Peer To Peer Capacity because all the traffic needs through the server. Could anyone clarify this? Lots of thanks in advance (and sorry for my bad english)! Jorge    More>>

I have a general question about how the JMS architecture works in terms of the machines used.

If I understand correctly to send any message from a client to another one you need three processes: the sender, a JMS server and the receiver. This processes will correspond typically to three different machines.

Is this the way JMS works or I have misunderstand it?

If my interpretation is correct then JMS will not have any Peer To Peer Capacity because all the traffic needs through the server.

Could anyone clarify this?

Lots of thanks in advance (and sorry for my bad english)!

Jorge

<<Less

Re: About the JMS Architecture

Posted By:   vinay_salehithal  
Posted On:   Friday, January 28, 2005 07:30 AM

Its basically Messaging at work. Try this tutorial

http://java.sun.com/products/jms/tutorial/index.html

If u still have doubts post it here.

Re: About the JMS Architecture

Posted By:   Jani_Kaarela  
Posted On:   Friday, January 28, 2005 07:29 AM

Correct, JMS is practically a client-server architecture. There is a JMS server, and senders/receivers act as clients.

If P2P is what you're after, take a look at these:

About | Sitemap | Contact