Asynchronous JMS messaging and Websphere without MDBs
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gokcen_Iskender
Posted On:   Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:31 AM

How can I do asynchronous JMS messaging with WebSphere without using MDBs? I read somewhere that with using Message Driven Beans I can get async JMS messaging with WebSphere. However, I cannot use MDBs. There is a business requirement that the code that I have written should run on Tomcat, so I use OpenJMS with Tomcat. If the client setup the same code on WebSphere and use Websphere's own JMS, then I want to be able to easily switch from OpenJMS to the Websphere's own JMS Provider. Is it possible that by giving INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY and PROVIDER_URL and still using setMessageListener (somehow bypassing the restriction) I can use async messaging?    More>>

How can I do asynchronous JMS messaging with WebSphere without using MDBs?

I read somewhere that with using Message Driven Beans I can get async JMS messaging with WebSphere.

However, I cannot use MDBs. There is a business requirement that the code that I have written should run on Tomcat, so I use OpenJMS with Tomcat. If the client setup the same code on WebSphere and use Websphere's own JMS, then I want to be able to easily switch from OpenJMS to the Websphere's own JMS Provider.

Is it possible that by giving INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY and PROVIDER_URL and still using setMessageListener (somehow bypassing the restriction) I can use async messaging?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact