From myISAM to innoDB!?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jeppe_Skovbon
Posted On:   Saturday, January 22, 2005 08:58 AM

I want to make a transactions safe database process. I use mySQL. I know about that you can convert your table from myISAM to innoDB and use ( rollBack()) the code: db = new dbConn.DBConn(); conn = db.connect(); conn.setAutoCommit( false ); ... ... conn.rollBack(); ... My question is: Are there any problem with changing a table from myISAM to innoDB? (what about when you make a copy of your database and move it to another system)? I remember that I once couldnĀ“t open all the innoDB tables, after formatting and reinstalling my computer...! Are there other possible ways to solve the transactions safe database process problem?    More>>

I want to make a transactions safe database process. I use mySQL. I know about that you can convert your table from myISAM to innoDB and use ( rollBack()) the code:

db = new dbConn.DBConn();
conn = db.connect();
conn.setAutoCommit( false );
conn.rollBack();

My question is:

Are there any problem with changing a table from myISAM to innoDB? (what about when you make a copy of your database and move it to another system)? I remember that I once couldnĀ“t open all the innoDB tables, after formatting and reinstalling my computer...!

Are there other possible ways to solve the transactions safe database process problem?    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact