dcsimg
Using Struts, how do I redirect from frame to non-frame?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ian_sawchuk
Posted On:   Thursday, January 13, 2005 07:13 AM

Hey all, I have a Struts app where the web pages are based on a 3-frame setup: 1 frame on the left (menu), 1 on top (banner), and the right/center which displays the core details (like many websites out there). On the menu frame, i have a link that calls a particular servlet to logout you out. Right now all i can do is to get a "session timeed out/logged out" page to show in the main display frame with a link that links you page to the main login page - which is no frames. I want the logout link when clicked, to either send you to the login page (no frames) or the timeout page (no frames). But no matter what i do, anything I set the forwards values in the strits-config.xml to, i   More>>

Hey all,

I have a Struts app where the web pages are based on a 3-frame setup: 1 frame on the left (menu), 1 on top (banner), and the right/center which displays the core details (like many websites out there).

On the menu frame, i have a link that calls a particular servlet to logout you out. Right now all i can do is to get a "session timeed out/logged out" page to show in the main display frame with a link that links you page to the main login page - which is no frames.

I want the logout link when clicked, to either send you to the login page (no frames) or the timeout page (no frames).

But no matter what i do, anything I set the forwards values in the strits-config.xml to, it will open the login or timeout page in the main display of the frameset.

How can i get a link in one frame to call a servlet that opens in a non-framed page? The struts-config.xml doesnt allow "target" or anything like that in the tags.

Thanks!

<<Less

Re: Using Struts, how do I redirect from frame to non-frame?

Posted By:   ian_sawchuk  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 13, 2005 07:25 AM

Oh man..

Ok - I *completely* forgot some basic HTML skills and *forgot* that I coudl simply add a 'target=_parent' attribute to teh clickable link itself in the jsp page, so that it directed the servlet call to the target...

The whole time I thought it would be done in teh *.xml somewhere.

Okay, thanks anywaze!

About | Sitemap | Contact