NullPointerException
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Vanitha_Philip
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 12, 2005 01:15 AM

I have deployed an application in weblogic8.1sp2 in a linux machine. My application has a corba call to the server. Iam using JDK's ORB . for the client class. The client classes are generated by idlj. The corba server is up and running. But I dont have any control to the corba server. Iam getting the following exception when my client stub's method is called. java.lang.NullPointerException at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:217) at weblogic.j2ee.ApplicationManager.loadClass (ApplicationManager.java:255) at weblogic.iiop.Utils.loadClass(Utils.java:800) at weblogic.iiop.Utils.getClassFromID (Utils.java:388) at weblogic   More>>

I have deployed an application in weblogic8.1sp2 in a linux machine. My application has a corba call to the server. Iam using JDK's ORB . for the client class. The client classes are generated by idlj. The corba server is up and running. But I dont have any control to the corba server. Iam getting the following exception when my client stub's method is called.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:217)

at weblogic.j2ee.ApplicationManager.loadClass (ApplicationManager.java:255)

at weblogic.iiop.Utils.loadClass(Utils.java:800)

at weblogic.iiop.Utils.getClassFromID (Utils.java:388)

at weblogic.corba.utils.RemoteInfo.findRemoteInfo(RemoteInfo.java:188)

at weblogic.iiop.IIOPReplacer.makeInvocationHandler(IIOPReplacer.java:717)

at weblogic.iiop.IIOPInputStream.read_Object(IIOPInputStream.java:1420)

at weblogic.iiop.IIOPInputStream.read_Object(IIOPInputStream.java:1433)

at org.omg.CORBA.ObjectHelper.read(ObjectHelper.java:59)

at S_Finder._FinderStub.getObject(_FinderStub.java:21)

at com.ab.tools.seice.access.Mdb.getRemoteMgr(Mdb.java:141)

at com..ab.tools.seice.access.Mdb.access$200(Mdb.java:49)

at com.eb.tools.service.access.Mdb$CallThread.run(Mdb.java:696)

The nullpointerException is thrown while executing the below statement
org.omg.CORBA.Object object = find.getObject(cId, true);
where cId is an instance of org.omg.CORBA.IntHolderand its value is set as
cId.value = (int)0;

find is an object of JDK idl generated class.

If i execute the class Mdb.java as stand-alone , i dont get this exception. While accessing through weblogic8.1sp2 the above exception is thrown. The same application deployed in weblogic7.0sp4 in solaris environment also works fine with the client ORB as visibroker and not JDK's ORB.

Has anyone faced similar kind of issue? Could anyone suggest a solution for the above issue?

Thanks in advance.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact