dcsimg
j2me connection problem (sort of)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dan_Chaplin
Posted On:   Monday, December 13, 2004 01:54 PM

hi. i'm writing a j2me app that connects to a remote server. i have a timertask running every second that updates a "connecting" progress bar. if the connection hasn't been established in 25seconds, i want it to display an error. the problem is, whenever that " wants to send/receive data using the network, is it ok to use airtime?" message comes up, the timertask keeps ticking. so if the user doesn't click yes to authorise the use of airtime within 25 seconds ( or early enough that the connection could be completed before the 25s deadline ) then the error message is automatically displayed. is there any way to refer to that "do you want to use airtime" displayable so i can tell the network timer not to increment wh   More>>

hi.

i'm writing a j2me app that connects to a remote server. i have a timertask running every second that updates a "connecting" progress bar. if the connection hasn't been established in 25seconds, i want it to display an error. the problem is, whenever that " wants to send/receive data using the network, is it ok to use airtime?" message comes up, the timertask keeps ticking. so if the user doesn't click yes to authorise the use of airtime within 25 seconds ( or early enough that the connection could be completed before the 25s deadline ) then the error message is automatically displayed. is there any way to refer to that "do you want to use airtime" displayable so i can tell the network timer not to increment while it is being displayed?

thanks in advance

caid

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact