Parallel Processing
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Emilie_Dupond
Posted On:   Monday, December 13, 2004 12:14 PM

If I have a piece of code which takes *days* to perform some calculation, and I decomposed this piece of code into managable pieces of code which I wish to distribute on multiple JVMs to tackle simultaneously ( that is, the client will send the JVMs the tasks at one go and will wait for a result from each VM thereafter) 1. How can I synchronize the reception of the results from the different JVM, so that I know when it is the time to process the multi-results in the client and hence get a final result ? Will I have to create a thread for each remore object I create and invoke the method on ? 2. Given that the managable pieces of code running on the servers are indentical (exact copies) what will be the only change that I have to apply to e   More>>

If I have a piece of code which takes *days* to perform some calculation, and I decomposed this piece of code into managable pieces of code which I wish to distribute on multiple JVMs to tackle simultaneously ( that is, the client will send the JVMs the tasks at one go and will wait for a result from each VM thereafter)

1. How can I synchronize the reception of the results from the different JVM, so that I know when it is the time to process the multi-results in the client and hence get a final result ? Will I have to create a thread for each remore object I create and invoke the method on ?

2. Given that the managable pieces of code running on the servers are indentical (exact copies) what will be the only change that I have to apply to each code to get everything to work out ? Is it only the "rebind" statement that I have to change ?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact