JMS queue and persistence?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jon_Gray
Posted On:   Friday, December 10, 2004 07:26 AM

Our mainframe spits out messages that we need to process. They send the messages to a MQ sender queue - we need to either build an MQ receiver queue or a JMS solution (or both) to process the messages and insert their contents into another application process. Not having any experience with MQ or JMS, I was wondering a couple of things: 1) When our JMS receiver gets the message, we want to persist it to a database of our choosing (db2), so that if a process fails downstream in the app. then we still have the original message that we can reprocess and we won't have to get another copy from the mainframe. We were hoping to avoid building a seperate database to persist the messages and simply piggyback on the persistence of the JMS queue. C   More>>

Our mainframe spits out messages that we need to process. They send the messages to a MQ sender queue - we need to either build an MQ receiver queue or a JMS solution (or both) to process the messages and insert their contents into another application process. Not having any experience with MQ or JMS, I was wondering a couple of things:

1) When our JMS receiver gets the message, we want to persist it to a database of our choosing (db2), so that if a process fails downstream in the app. then we still have the original message that we can reprocess and we won't have to get another copy from the mainframe. We were hoping to avoid building a seperate database to persist the messages and simply piggyback on the persistence of the JMS queue. Can this be done? Is the JMS persistence mechanism tied to the underlying MQ implementation's queue persistence mechanism? I know that MQ persists messages in it's own proprietary, file-based way. Should we be running pure JMS w/out MQ - unless i'm batty, i think JMS allows you to simply specify the JNDI name of a JDBC datasource in which to persist its messages.

I hope i've provided enough detail. please let me know if i need to provide more - i'll be happy to. the problem is pressing, so i'm going to assign 500 points. if you think i should be asking this question in a different forum, please let me know. thanks in advance!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact