Complex objects in formbeans
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, December 9, 2004 09:39 AM

Hello there. I've been trying to pass object instances of classes of my own through formbeans (in a specific form-property). I've come to know, through the documentation, that only a few classes are supported. I would like to know if it is possible to create and register a converter of some sort for my class type, in order for it to be properly recognised. I've had success in passing objects from actions to JSP's, but no luck in getting them back from the JSP into an action. Is this possible at all? If possible, is it scalable enough so that I can pass List or Map implementations (which are already supported by struts), containing objects of these types? Thank y   More>>

Hello there.

I've been trying to pass object instances of classes of my own through formbeans (in a specific form-property).

I've come to know, through the documentation, that only a few classes are supported. I would like to know if it is possible to create and register a converter of some sort for my class type, in order for it to be properly recognised. I've had success in passing objects from actions to JSP's, but no luck in getting them back from the JSP into an action.

Is this possible at all? If possible, is it scalable enough so that I can pass List or Map implementations (which are already supported by struts), containing objects of these types?

Thank you for the support,

Francisco Passos

<<Less

Re: Complex objects in formbeans

Posted By:   Sheikh_Azad  
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 14, 2004 08:59 PM

convert all your specific classes's attributes to "String" if you want to capture your screen fields in these classes.
for display purpose you can use original attribute types.
About | Sitemap | Contact