Problems connecting from outside with RMI chat-system
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Lars_Gustafsson
Posted On:   Friday, December 3, 2004 01:51 PM

I'm trying to write an RMI chat system. The system works fine on my PC but when I Tunnel to my account at the university (to see if I can connect from another computer to my PC which acts as a server), start up Netscape Communicator v4.79 on platform SunOS 5.9 and go to my site http://81.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/...ChatClientApplet.php the chat-client-applet starts up fine but after I enter my name and press return nothing happens. In the server window, which logs all activities, nothing appears. It seems like the chat-client can't contact the chat-server. I'm behind a firewall and I believe the university machines are also behind a firewall. Sourcecode can be found at sourcecode (Comments and file-names in Swedish though). For my domain name I'm using localhost, n   More>>

I'm trying to write an RMI chat system. The system works fine on my PC but when I Tunnel to my account at the university (to see if I can connect from another computer to my PC which acts as a server), start up Netscape Communicator v4.79 on platform SunOS 5.9 and go to my site http://81.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/...ChatClientApplet.php the chat-client-applet starts up fine but after I enter my name and press return nothing happens. In the server window, which logs all activities, nothing appears. It seems like the chat-client can't contact the chat-server. I'm behind a firewall and I believe the university machines are also behind a firewall. Sourcecode can be found at sourcecode (Comments and file-names in Swedish though). For my domain name I'm using localhost, not 81.xxx.xxx.xxx. Like this:

Naming.rebind("//localhost/ServerInterface", servern);

Thankful for any help, Lars    <<Less

Re: Problems connecting from outside with RMI chat-system

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, December 30, 2004 03:33 AM

Did you use any threads in your chat system.Can i get the source code.
mailID : ksgsharma@rediffmail.com

Re: Problems connecting from outside with RMI chat-system

Posted By:   Devendra_Joshi  
Posted On:   Monday, December 13, 2004 04:25 AM

while doing lookup...if you are again using localhost, it will never work.
About | Sitemap | Contact