dcsimg
XSLT's and multiple occurences of one element
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, November 25, 2004 11:32 PM

Hi guys, I am having a little problem with my XSLT. The problem is, with my XML file, I have say, something similar to this: blah blah1 blah blah2 blah blah3 blah blah4 blah blah5 blah blah6 now, with my XSLT, I want to be able to insert the first occurence of name, then the address, then in a different paragraph have the second occurence of the name, followed by the address. At the moment, I am saying ok, put the name element here. The problem is, it is putting all the name elements under "element" right after each other. I need to be able to specify an or   More>>

Hi guys,

I am having a little problem with my XSLT. The problem is, with my XML file, I have say, something similar to this:

blah blah1

blah blah2

blah blah3

blah blah4

blah blah5

blah blah6

now, with my XSLT, I want to be able to insert the first occurence of name, then the address, then in a different paragraph have the second occurence of the name, followed by the address.

At the moment, I am saying ok, put the name element here. The problem is, it is putting all the name elements under "element" right after each other. I need to be able to specify an order so the first time I say to put name down, it puts the first occurence of it down, then when i put the next name element in, it only puts the next name element in from my XML file.

Confused? Anyway, I'm not sure if this is your run of the mill question, I have XML Spy and StyleVision(which is what I am using to create my XSLT).

Thanks alot for your help if I get any :)    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact