JavaMail help! java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/activation/registries/LogSupport
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_dV
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 10, 2004 09:21 PM

Hi all, I am trying to create a quick test using java mail, but I get stuck at the problem below. I have the activation and mail jar's in my classpath. When i manually open the activation.jar the class below cannot be found. A bit of research has shown that this is a problem for J2SE 5, but Im still using 1.4 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/activation/registries/LogSupport at javax.activation.MailcapCommandMap. (MailcapCommandMap.java:111) at javax.activation.CommandMap.getDefaultCommandMap (CommandMap.java:44) at javax.activation.DataHandler.getCommandMap(DataHandler.java:136) at javax.activation.DataHan   More>>

Hi all,

I am trying to create a quick test using java mail, but I get stuck at the problem below. I have the activation and mail jar's in my classpath. When i manually open the activation.jar the class below cannot be found. A bit of research has shown that this is a problem for J2SE 5, but Im still using 1.4

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

com/sun/activation/registries/LogSupport
at javax.activation.MailcapCommandMap.

(MailcapCommandMap.java:111)

at javax.activation.CommandMap.getDefaultCommandMap

(CommandMap.java:44)

at javax.activation.DataHandler.getCommandMap(DataHandler.java:136)

at javax.activation.DataHandler.getDataContentHandler(DataHandler.java:567)

at javax.activation.DataHandler.getContent(DataHandler.java:501)

at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.getContent(MimeMessage.java:1339)

at dev.util.email.SendEmail.sendMessage(SendEmail.java:172)

at dev.util.email.test.SendEmailTestCase.testSendMessage(SendEmailTestCase.java:34)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit2.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:31)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:78)

Regards,

Dave

<<Less

Re: JavaMail help! java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/activation/registries/LogSupport

Posted By:   satya_patel  
Posted On:   Thursday, December 30, 2004 03:34 PM

Dear Dave,

plz. check below URL for solution,

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=510956&tstart=420

the problem is with different versions of activation.jar, I was having similar problem, I have removed /opt/SUNWappserver/lib & /opt/SUNWappserver/lib/j2ee.jar from classpath, as I have latest version of mail.jar & activation.jar individually placed in classpath.

hope this will work with you too.

Thanks,

Satya.
About | Sitemap | Contact