Designing a calendar application
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Brian_Nichols
Posted On:   Monday, November 8, 2004 01:24 PM

I am trying to build a java application that will allow me to add,view, and delete news, tradeshows, and training. Since all of these are events. I thought it would make since to create classes for the titles above, and have them extend another class called Events. The Events class will have three abstract methods… getTitle, getDescription, getDate()…. This application will be pulling and updating a database also. Also Each event should be able to have multiple attachments, and a image associated with it. I guess you can look at it as a calendar application. The problem is, I do nit know the best way to ARCHETECT this. I wanted to know if someone could show me an example application where something like this is being done; Or point me in the direction    More>>

I am trying to build a java application that will allow me to add,view, and delete news, tradeshows, and training. Since all of these are events. I thought it would make since to create classes for the titles above, and have them extend another class called Events. The Events class will have three abstract methods… getTitle, getDescription, getDate()…. This application will be pulling and updating a database also. Also Each event should be able to have multiple attachments, and a image associated with it. I guess you can look at it as a calendar application. The problem is, I do nit know the best way to ARCHETECT this.

I wanted to know if someone could show me an example application where something like this is being done; Or point me in the direction of some material that may be able to help me

<<Less

Re: Designing a calendar application

Posted By:   luke_raeside  
Posted On:   Thursday, December 9, 2004 07:16 AM

Look at Dietel and Dietel books, there are examples of calender applications, combine this with the JDBC and voila you'll have your system in no time
About | Sitemap | Contact