dcsimg
How to manage/monitor an application with multiple JVMs through JMX?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Prasheel_Vemulapalli
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 2, 2004 04:08 AM

Hi, I am stuck with a design issue of how to instrument my application which contains multiple JVMs. Each JVM has some objects that need to be monitored / managed. All the MBeans should be monitored / managed through a HTML UI. MY Question is, Can I have an independent JVM running as a new process, which can get the MBeans from the other JVMs and register in an MBeanServer and have an HTML adapter for that MBeanServer? OR For each JVM, create an MBean Server and register the MBeans for that JVM in the MBeanServer and provide a HTML adapter for the MBeanServer. Currently we are using jdk1.4 and are planning to move to jdk1.5. With jdk1.5 I want to monitor the JVM statistics along with the application statisti   More>>

Hi,

I am stuck with a design issue of how to instrument my application which contains multiple JVMs. Each JVM has some objects that need to be monitored / managed. All the MBeans should be monitored / managed through a HTML UI.
MY Question is,
Can I have an independent JVM running as a new process, which can get the MBeans from the other JVMs and register in an MBeanServer and have an HTML adapter for that MBeanServer?
OR
For each JVM, create an MBean Server and register the MBeans for that JVM in the MBeanServer and provide a HTML adapter for the MBeanServer.

Currently we are using jdk1.4 and are planning to move to jdk1.5. With jdk1.5 I want to monitor the JVM statistics along with the application statistics through JMX.

Please suggest me a better approach in designing my project.

Thanks
Prasheel

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact