dcsimg
Struts bean:write Localization problem
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nora_Green
Posted On:   Thursday, October 28, 2004 09:20 AM

I have a struts web application needs to internationlized. Many of the collections are retrieved from database and looked up in jsp using . For example the jsp code is as follows:( collection1 is an Array retrieved from database during start up, Objects class has getDescription() method ) I would like to show difference descriptions (for exmple English or French ) based on session's Local object. Is there a way for to pick up the right getDescription() method based on localization? Or are there any other ways to implement it? Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you very much.    More>>

I have a struts web application needs to internationlized.

Many of the collections are retrieved from database and looked up in jsp using . For example the jsp code is as follows:( collection1 is an Array retrieved from database during start up, Objects class has getDescription() method )

I would like to show difference descriptions (for exmple English or French ) based on session's Local object. Is there a way for to pick up the right getDescription() method based on localization? Or are there any other ways to implement it?

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you very much.    <<Less

Re: Struts bean:write Localization problem

Posted By:   Sheikh_Azad  
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 2, 2004 06:03 AM

keep the resource bundle keys in the database table, rather than keeping actual description !! for example if your description is "working with struts", put one key say "label.description" in the database and in resource properties file put: label.description=working with struts.
About | Sitemap | Contact