Open a separate search window and transfer result to first window
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Olaf_Bergner
Posted On:   Sunday, October 24, 2004 06:11 AM

I am sure this kind of question has been asked over and over again but a fairly extensive search on the web including this site didn't produce any answers. So here's my question: We have a Struts based asset management system where upon entering a new gadget a user must be able to enter the customer who owns this gadget. Since we have - fortunately - many thousand customers a drop-down box to choose the customer from is out of the question. What we would like to be able to do is that when pressing a button next to the owner field a separate browser window should open where the user may search our customer db for the owning customer. From the resulting list the user should be able to select the desired customer, the search windo   More>>

I am sure this kind of question has been asked over and over again but a fairly extensive search on the web including this site didn't produce any answers. So here's my question:

We have a Struts based asset management system where upon entering a new gadget a user must be able to enter the customer who owns this gadget. Since we have - fortunately - many thousand customers a drop-down box to choose the customer from is out of the question. What we would like to be able to do is that when pressing a button next to the owner field a separate browser window should open where the user may search our customer db for the owning customer. From the resulting list the user should be able to select the desired customer, the search window should close and the selected customer transferred to the first window, i.e. its name should appear in the owner field. Is there an elegant way to achieve this?

I know this is probably a tricky task, so many thanks in advance for any pointers. Cheers,

Olaf Bergner

<<Less

Re: Open a separate search window and transfer result to first window

Posted By:   Manish_Vyas  
Posted On:   Monday, October 25, 2004 07:12 AM

This can be solved in Java Script by submiting the form where your action will be *.do path of struts which forwards the page to base base and target will be screen. So by submitting that page you can redirect your data to base page
About | Sitemap | Contact