I want to know what will happen (state-change) to the Unreferenced remote server object in the server JVM.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   kiran_g
Posted On:   Sunday, October 17, 2004 10:07 PM

In my code, my server implementation class is implementing the java.rmi.server.Unreferenced interface. I am overriding the public void unreferenced() method and giving a simple System.out.println statement in that. I made only one request from client and left the server object idle. After some time in the server JVM, the remote server object is getting unreferenced and my statement (S.o.p) is getting printed on to the screen. After this for each client request the corresponding remote method is getting called and immediately unreferenced method also getting called. I tried two to three client requests. I am not able to understand this. What I assumed is once again t   More>>

In my code, my server implementation class is implementing the java.rmi.server.Unreferenced interface. I am overriding the public void unreferenced() method and giving a simple System.out.println statement in that.

I made only one request from client and left the server object idle. After some time in the server JVM, the remote server object is getting unreferenced and my statement (S.o.p) is getting printed on to the screen.
After this for each client request the corresponding remote method is getting called and immediately unreferenced method also getting called. I tried two to three client requests.

I am not able to understand this. What I assumed is once again the server JVM will let the remote server object be idle for certain amount of time before calling it's unreferenced method.
Am I doing any thing wrong?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact