A further question on Sort objects
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 12, 2004 12:35 PM

Hi Otis, Thanks a lot for that reply. I have a couple of questions regarding the memory usage of the Sort object (as per Javadocs). If I want to use multiple fields to sort the results on (only one at a time), should I do a setSort each time or will it be more efficient to have multiple sort objects created at the application start-up time and then use it ? "size of the cache is not affected by how many fields are in the index and might be used to sort - only by the ones actually used to sort a result set": What determines the caching ? Is it done each time a sorted search is done on a particular field or is it dependant on the creation of sort objects (irrespective of whether they might    More>>

Hi Otis,

Thanks a lot for that reply. I have a couple of questions regarding the memory usage of the Sort object (as per Javadocs).

If I want to use multiple fields to sort the results on (only one at a time), should I do a setSort each time or will it be more efficient to have multiple sort objects created at the application start-up time and then use it ?

"size of the cache is not affected by how many fields are in the index and might be used to sort - only by the ones actually used to sort a result set":

What determines the caching ? Is it done each time a sorted search is done on a particular field or is it dependant on the creation of sort objects (irrespective of whether they might actually be used or not ?)
TIA, Praveen.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact