Problem during UTF8 to SJIS format conversion of a file
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ajay_bansal
Posted On:   Friday, October 1, 2004 09:05 AM

I have 2 file as follows fileA: data in this file are written by converting byte data stream to utf-8 format string (file content is "V‹K1") fileB: data in this file are written by converting UTF-16 data stream to utf-8 format string (file content is "新要E") Please note that contents in both the files are same in terms of japanese characters. Now I want to convert both the files into SJIS format. If I try to convert fileA to SJIS then output contain some garbled data("??1") but if I try the same encoding to convert fileB to SJIS then I get perfect japanese characters("V‹K1"). Could you please tell me what is missing in fileA so that it is not getting conv   More>>

I have 2 file as follows

fileA: data in this file are written by converting byte data stream to utf-8 format string (file content is "V‹K1")

fileB: data in this file are written by converting UTF-16 data stream to utf-8 format string (file content is "新要E")

Please note that contents in both the files are same in terms of japanese characters. Now I want to convert both the files into SJIS format.

If I try to convert fileA to SJIS then output contain some garbled data("??1") but if I try the same encoding to convert fileB to SJIS then I get perfect japanese characters("V‹K1").

Could you please tell me what is missing in fileA so that it is not getting converted to japanese characters.

I am using InputStreamReader(in UTF-8) and
outputStreamReader(in SJIS) format to accomplish this task

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact