Naming.lookup hangs
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jakeer_mohammad
Posted On:   Friday, October 1, 2004 06:21 AM

Hi Gurus, I have a RMI service under Tomcat and the client is an Applet,the applet communicates with Tomcat and RMI service and the tomcat communicates with RMI service too. The problem i am having is in the first session everything works fine but if i am trying to connect in a new session Naming.lookup()just hangs but tomcat is able to call RMI. I had this problem even in first session but i was able to solve by generating the stubs, compiling and the client using same java version.But now i have no clue what can b wrong.If i restart the tomcat server and RMI service it works fine but thats not the solution i am looking for. The JDK version for rmic and javac is j2sdk1.4.2 and the client is j2re1.4.2_05(Applet)    More>>

Hi Gurus,
I have a RMI service under Tomcat and the client is an Applet,the applet communicates with Tomcat and RMI service and the tomcat communicates with RMI service too.
The problem i am having is in the first session everything works fine but if i am trying to connect in a new session Naming.lookup()just hangs but tomcat is able to call RMI.
I had this problem even in first session but i was able to solve by generating the stubs, compiling and the client using same java version.But now i have no clue what can b wrong.If i restart the tomcat server and RMI service it works fine but thats not the solution i am looking for.

The JDK version for rmic and javac is j2sdk1.4.2
and the client is j2re1.4.2_05(Applet)

Any clues are appreciated!!!. Thanks,Jakeer.

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact