dcsimg
High-availability + Load-balancing
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Karl_Cassaigne
Posted On:   Thursday, September 30, 2004 12:43 PM

Sorry for the long question but I need to explain the context : I currently have two sites : the first one is hosting my company's B2B web portal featuring some web applications doing real-time interactions with an SAP system located on the second site. These 2 sites are linked together by 2 swiftmq routers relaying request in/out between the web application and the SAP Back-End (through a swiftmq embedded JMS Java application + SAP Java Connector). Due to the critical aspect of the web application, I'd like to add High-Availability and, if possible, Load-Balancing to this architecture. I already add another router on the portal side and used the new auto-reconnect option of swiftmq 5 so that the web application can al   More>>

Sorry for the long question but I need to explain the context :

I currently have two sites : the first one is hosting my company's B2B web portal featuring some web applications doing real-time interactions with an SAP system located on the second site.
These 2 sites are linked together by 2 swiftmq routers relaying request in/out between the web application and the SAP Back-End (through a swiftmq embedded JMS Java application + SAP Java Connector).

Due to the critical aspect of the web application, I'd like to add High-Availability and, if possible, Load-Balancing to this architecture.
I already add another router on the portal side and used the new auto-reconnect option of swiftmq 5 so that the web application can always connect on one of these 2 routers to access the router on the second site.

What I want now is to add another router on the second site to propose HA and LB.
I thought about cloning the router (add another router with the same application + configuration) on the second site. Then, assuming the JNDI swiflet always consider only the first reponse on a lookup, HA will be done. Am I right about that ? [I lookup a queue which will exists on both router with the same name and alias]

I still have no clue about LB... have you some for me ?

Any idea is welcome !

<<Less

Re: High-availability + Load-balancing

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 30, 2004 11:55 PM

HA and LB usually exclude each other! ;-)

What kind of operating system do you use on the backend where you run SwiftMQ with the SAP connector?
About | Sitemap | Contact